Earth Day is coming up on 4/22/2020 and we came up with five ways to celebrate it at home!
1. Upcycle- Tap into some of your own creativity and create something new from something that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Repurpose a funky piece of furniture or re-sew a favorite pair of tattered jeans into a skirt. The options are endless and fun!
2. Go Reusable- Are you still using disposable plastic bottles? Have you not purchased your set of re-usable straws? There is no better time than now to start making this a habit. Purchase a cool reusable water bottle, reusable straw set, and reusable utensil set to carry with you wherever you go. If we all did this, we would have a positive impact on our environment and the huge garbage patches plaguing our oceans.
Our favorite kit is this one.
3. Save the Pollinators- Plant a pollinator garden. Learn how here.
4. Eat Plants- According to this study, eating a vegan diet may be the most effective way to save the planet. The study found that meat and dairy provide only 18% of our calories and 37% of our protein, yet use up 83% of our farmland. It also found without meat and dairy consumption, farmland can be reduced by more than 75% and still feed the entire world. Imagine the impact that would have in our open spaces and environment! For help in transitioning to plant based diet, join our CEO’s Facebook group here.
5. Gratitude Practice- Find a special place outside you can sit in for awhile. Listen to the wind blow and the birds sing. Feel the sun on your face. Put your bare feet on the ground and feel the earth between your toes. Feel gratitude that we get to enjoy this earth and all of its beauty.
We hope you all have a wonderful Earth Day!